Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ordnance Storage

This is the most actual modeling I've done in a while. Usually it's small simple things here and there but these took a little while, especially the unwrapping for the Phoenix's dolley, jeez! So last night and today I've modeled out the interior of the storage room below decks, added some props like an intercom, doors, chair/table, whiteboard... most of those I had already used in the ship and am just re-placing them here as well. These Mk82 ammo carts and the Phonix dolley are new. Myke was generous enough to allow me to use his ordnance models as a base to work these containers off of, though I did all but redo the Phoenix as it had way more polys than required. So this'll all be part of the "Maintenance Upgrade" to the Nimitz at the end of the month. I'll probably eventually also make some more weapon containers and release them separately for people in the community to use as they will.

Note this screengrab is from Max, not the game :)
Mk82 racks and Phoenix in dolley in storage room

5 comments:

  1. Who writes your scripts for the Nimitz because most of them are broken or dont work in multiplayer.... but the Nimitz model is really good, I want to use your carrier for a mission im trying to make but community im making it for wont use your latest carrier cause its failing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. -Elevators did not work... or objects fell through
    - Tractor attach script was broken...
    -Players falling through weapons elevator...
    -Zodiac not working....

    also if u put missiles in that use mando missiles people may not use this so i suggest releasing a carrier with and without defenses...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I don't work on this anymore, in fact I don't even have ArmA 2 installed.

    However I know as fact that the last release worked in terms of elevators and stuff did not "fall through" them... perhaps its caused by having too many people on the server, not sure. The tractor script was not mine and was tossed in there with only enough modifications to get it to work in single-player, it was beyond me to try and get it to work in multiplayer also.

    As I said, I don't have ArmA installed and can't continue working on this (also for lack of time to commit), but I did leave the community with a working carrier and I know plenty of working missions were made just fine, because I played some of them.

    Some communities open up addons, rewrite the scripts in them, and re-pack them just for their use. Might give that a shot, otherwise I can't really help anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK well thanks for the nice carrier... hope u will make one for Arma3.... the issue was with large amounts of players in multiplayer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hoping to make another large ship for A3 but I will probably be working on a mod for another game. Also, were you able to fix the problem anyhow?

    ReplyDelete