Monday, September 5, 2011

Beach Scene Fixed Up, Starting on Simple Environment

I played around with Time of Day settings a bit and more importantly now understand how the terrain texture layers work in CryENGINE 3. Was a little strange to me at first but now it makes sense. I tidied up the texture color and made it seamless, and scaled down the tiling as well for more detail. Also played with darkening the texture under the water instead of just painting it blue, def looks better. Here's 2 different versions:


Also, after watching 4 episodes of Halo: Legends last night, I've developed an interest it perhaps trying to make a few environments from the Halo universe in the engine as well, simply for rendering/artwork purposes. I think I'll do an interior first... probably the Control Room of Installation 04. Then try an outdoor scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment