Thursday, September 8, 2011

Textured Artifact, Portfolio Start

Finished texturing and setting up the glow map for the Artifact today, came out pretty awesome! I might end up trying to add the portal above it also, not sure yet.
I found this great free model of the Chief also. Currently trying to figure out how to refine vertex assignments in the 3ds Max biped system so I can animate it without some vertices stretching out improperly.

Also I figured I should start working on / organizing a small portfolio of sorts, in case I want to try and join a mod or indie team sometime for some more practice. Most of the stuff I have done is scattered in multiple places. Started working on a list of things to model and texture, including refining a few things I've already done:

  • AIM-54 Phoenix dolley
  • Mk82 bomb racks
  • Military laptop & radio
  • B-25 Mitchell
  • Some stylized melee weapon, like a sword, axe or hammer
  • A scene of an alley with a bunch of dirty props
  • A scene of some fictional setting, perhaps medical labs or a dock
And eventually... I'm going to have to model try modeling a character and some organic stuff. Don't know why I'm hesitant to do so, probably just because I haven't before. I'll stick to getting some of these hard-surface models done first.

No comments:

Post a Comment