Thursday, February 7, 2013

NavTac - Log #4

Oh juggling is not fun. Made some idle animations for animals for another game I'm helping with as animator. And then crammed today for the last day of my Project Management course, finishing reading the book, writing a journal entry for it, taking the final exam, and turning in the final project. Whew!

Back to this game... since the last log I've managed to get the gun tracking in, so the turret swivels to face the target and the cannon pitches based on how far the enemy is in preparation to fire. I think I'm just going to animate/tween the position of the shell as it heads to its target though, so far figuring out the "ballistic trajectory of a projectile" seems more difficult than I'm willing to put time into at this point. Maybe down the road I'll change it, we'll see. So yea, next I'm gonna get the shells flying, and possibly look into Vectrosity for help with rendering the lines since LineRenderer is horribly limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment