Monday, February 18, 2013

Short Break from NavTac, nDo and dDo

Well as the title states, I have been and am taking a short break from working on NavTac to put some time back into rigging and animation (my major which I'm currently wrapping up in school with this newly-started semester). Watching some Digital Tutors videos while practicing for projects I'll be doing this semester in school. Sometime this week I will probably start working on NavTac again though. I've far from lost interest in it, it's just the second priority right now.

Two days ago I did manage to try out the beta for dDo, from the guys who made the awesome normal-creation tools nDo and nDo2. dDO is more of a diffuse-texturing solution which lets you use color maps to quickly add lots of detail to your models. By color map I mean, you just make a diffuse texture for your model of straight solid colors, each color denoting a different material that your model should have, then you can use those as a sort of selective filter to add loads of customizable details and effects. Nothing someone can't do with Photoshop alone, but it does immensely speed up the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment